Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Throne room update

I've done quite a few renders in Maya to get a feel for my lighting but I’m not quite getting what I want just yet. I need to bring this thing into UE4 to start nailing it down. I do have most of the main shapes/scale down that I was going for. It’s changed a bit from last week. These renders you see are my 4th or 5th try at a blockout.  I’m satisfied with what I have I just need to put in some more detail. Right now I do have a few columns modeled out that are near final (minus any texture work) but that’s about it.


For the contest we need a total of three beauty shots of our scene. In order to make mine look as good as possible I really need to keep the composition in mind. I’m nowhere near a great artist (or even a good one) but so far I think the angles I picked will provide the best looking compositions. This week I plan on setting this all up in UE4 and really nailing down my lighting. If I get to a place where I’m satisfied, I will start increasing the details on the walls and floor.






No comments:

Post a Comment