Thursday, August 6, 2015

Substances

I've been pretty busy last month with two different classes and not much to show for it. I had to do a lot regarding character sculpting so not much to show there. I did okay grade wise as usual but I'm not that proud of the work. This month I am tasked with a some assignments that are more in line with what I want to do. For the first week we have to create a number of shaders using pretty much any technique we want to. I figured this would be a perfect time to work on creating some procedural textures with Substance Designer. For the last week or so this is what I have come up with. All of these are only using what is available inside of SD5; basically all done with procedural math.








The brick one I did last week but the rest I completed in the last four days. I still have one more to go and it's due tomorrow. I have to create a shader that has an emissive glow to it. I think I will continue with another Subtance as a lava texture with rocks and ash. 






1 comment:

  1. I'm partial to the burlap and brick-nice work! Love watching the process

    ReplyDelete