Friday, August 28, 2015

More Substances and Textures

Currently I'm working on a personal project that I don't want to reveal just yet. What I will show is what I've done for my current class. Last time I posted some substances but I wasn't quite finished with the assignment at the time. Here are a few more projects that I've completed since then:

This is the emissive substance that I talked about last time. Turned out pretty cool.



Week 2's assignment was to create three tiling textures, a rectangular texture, and a normal map from geometry. The two above were part of the tiling textures (the third being the brick from last post). The image below is a very generic Sci Fi texture atlas that could be used for many different things. Nothing too special.


This last image is what I spent the most amount of my time on. I took a design from an Aztec calendar and sculpted it in ZBrush. Technically the assignment was supposed to be something simple but I wanted to work on my composition and rendering for my presentation shots. I like how this turned out as well. I did add some moss and dirt to it in my most recent version but I seem to have deleted the image. Once I get down to putting this on my folio I'll have to re-render this.

For the past two weeks the assignments were more specific but nothing too impressive to show here. I had to create a couple of subdivision surface models in Maya for week 3, and create a vertex blended material for week 4. Maybe if I get a chance to re-render those images I'll post 'em here. If not then I'll probably start working on my actual portfolio (finally). 

As of right now I am three months away from graduating. That means I'm entering into my portfolio classes. Finally I'll get a chance to really work on stuff that I want to work on. I can't wait to get started.



No comments:

Post a Comment