Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Subway and new environment

So this week I made some, what looks like, minor changes to my Subway environment. I added a lot of grim and dirt to the walls via decals, changed up the lighting, added in a little more trash, and fixed up some of the the pipe meshes I had in there. Oh and I adjusted the arches to better match the reference. All in all it looks like I haven't done much at first glance but it took a fair bit of time to complete.

Here are a few images of what I have at the moment:





I'm liking the lighting I have in there but there is still a couple more things I wan to do before I call this complete.

The last couple of days I have actually been working on a completely different environment. It's been swirling around in my head for a little while but yesterday I decided to go ahead and start on it. This my have to be put on the back burner for a little while after this week but I'm happy with the progress I have so far.

This is inspired by an area in Dark Souls II. It's a library deep inside a dungeon. I thought it was such a cool little area but I think I can improve upon it with some updated visuals and a little of my own artistic interpretation. Here are a few images and a gif. Next time I'll have something in engine but for now all these are just from Maya.





The reason that I might have to put this on hold next week is because I'll actually be working on my second environment for school. I graduate on November 24th so maybe if I get a lot done I can post some updates

No comments:

Post a Comment