Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 1 Renders

After the first week of this model I did make some progress but not as much as I would have liked. There is still a lot of modeling to be done before I start retopo and texturing. The bottom shot is of the front of the building while the top is the back. I isolated soem of the vine pieces for easier viewing as well. Even though the concept piece is only one shot of the front I decided to take some liberties with it. It's hard to make out all the little details in the concept so I kind of made my own thing with it. That's actually what took the most time this week; trying to figure out what to do with the back, etc. For the vines I just used insert tubes brush but looking back I think I could have gotten quicker results and better control with ZSpheres.

I hope to get the rest of the sculpting done this week and start retopo next Monday. That shouldn't take too long but I'm debating whether to try and use 3D-Coat for it. I'm intending on getting an academic licence but I don't want to slow down my workflow for this project from learning it. I want this whole piece done and game ready inside of UE4 by the end of the month. So this time around I will probably just do it in Maya. Anyway here is a comp of the renders. Be aware this is NOT textured at all, I just threw in some colors to give it some interest and to differentiate all the parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment