Tuesday, September 30, 2014

End of week4

After the 4th and what was supposed to be the final week I have finished all of the retopology, UVing, and normal map baking. Last post I mentioned that I wanted to get all of this done by last Friday but alas it is now Tuesday. Below is a couple of screen grabs from UE4. I spent most of today importing and assigning all the texture maps to the meshes in the scene here. Obviously it is far from complete. I'm hoping another two weeks will get me there (if not very close). I've learned a lot so far and I want to put some of my new skills to the test for my next project. But for now I will continue to try and finish this piece.




I know it still doesn't look like much but once I get some texturing done and all the lighting set up I think it will turn out nicely. Right now I just have the ambient occlusion bake as my diffuse as a placeholder. I did all the normal maps out of Zbrush and then used nDo for a cavity map, AO, and spec conversions. Not sure how useful they will all be in the end but I'm just kind of playing with my workflow for now to see what works. I tried some xnormal today but I feel like I'm not ready to try and learn a whole new program right now. It seemed way to slow to manually set up all the cages but maybe next time when I don't have like 50+ meshes to bake.

For this week I want to focus on getting the lighting all set up along with the sky and and ground looking nice. I have a few ideas on how to do that but since I don't know much about Unreal 4 I will have some learning to do. Also I will be out of town this weekend so I will have to make up for that in the next few days.

Oh before I forget here is a comp of a few of the AO texture bakes. I figure it looks nicer that seeing a bunch of wireframe UV sets. This is four of the 7 that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment