Monday, September 7, 2015

GPR - Concepts for Finals classes

In Game Production class we are tasked with creating 2 different portfolio assets. We can choose pretty much anything we want to do so long as we have actual photo reference but it does need approval from the instructor. After some back and forth I chose two environments to create.

The first one is the long abandoned NYC Hall subway station. There a are bunch of images out there for it but I like this one for my concept:


The following images are the texture and asset breakdowns:



This seems like a decent amount of work but I can already see how I can work modularly with the arches and walls. I will need to rely heavily on a bunch of tiling textures for sure. I also need to be thinking how I'm going to light it with those windows. Might be tricky.

The next asset I will be creating won't be nearly as big but it looks far more detailed and has many more props to create. The following is my concept image.


This is a dining room of a 1920's Victorian style house in Montreal. Pretty much everything in the house is all oak. Unfortunately I can't find any higher resolution images for this room, but I do have other angles I can use. I will have to change out some of the props; namely the chandelier and clock due to not finding those exact models for reference. I have images for the reference I chose for the moment but I may change my mind on the clock once I get to it. I'll try and get close as possible to the style of each though. The next two images are my texture and asset breakdowns.



So seeing all the work I have set out for me I'll have a busy couple of months ahead. Next week we start our blockouts for the first project; I'll post updates then.

No comments:

Post a Comment