Monday, September 21, 2015

Victorian Dining Room Blockout

For this week I worked on my Montreal Victorian Dining Room. Again we had to make a blockout for this week setting us up for our final month of class. So far I've made some decent progress but just like my previous environment there is a LOT of work involved. I tried to focus a lot more on replicating my original concpet as closely as possible. Of course that is very difficult to do; especially with using a game engine like UE4. This is my main beauty shot. 


The biggest issue to me is getting the right focal length of the camera. I'm having a quite a time getting it exactly right. Comparing my shot with the concept the scale of the objects looks funny due to this reason. I'm also having trouble with my lighting. Technically I shouldn't worry too much about lighting right now but getting it as close as possible now is going to make it easier in the long run.


Here are couple different shots from other angles. I didn't really flesh out the rest of the room; I was focused on that one angle. Later down the road I can finish up the rest.



Yesterday I pretty much finished up all my architectural details but the props you see laying about were missing. So today I made couple. Here's a marmoset render of some of the props I did today. They were textured in Substance Painter for the most part with some touch ups in Photoshop. None of the them are totally finished yet but it's as far as I wanted to take it for blockout purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment