Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Chess Set Update

Not much to show just yet but I finished all of the High poly and brought everything into Maya to start the retopo/UV process. I did bring most of the pieces into Marmoset just to have something to show here. It' hard to see all of the details with this shot but at least it's something. I decimated things down as much as I could but it still makes the scene chug pretty bad. I'll end up doing a better HP render after I finish the whole thing for presentation purposes anyway. No sense wasting my time with it now. Here it is:



So basically now that I'm pretty much finished with ZBrush my plan after I make all my low poly meshes and UV them I'll start the baking process. Once complete I'll move onto texturing. My goal with this is to break from my normal workflow. I want to go back to either just using Photoshop or try out the new Quixel Suite 2.0. They added a bunch of new features that I really want to try out. Last time I tried to use it, it was buggy, slow, and crashed all the time. I'm hoping I'll have a different experience this time around; I really want to like the program.

If I do go ahead and use it, it might take a little longer than normal to actually texture it as I pretty much have to start from scratch learning all the new functions. But again, we'll just have to see. I hope to be finished with this at the LATEST by next Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment