Thursday, January 28, 2016

Not quite there just yet...

So I went a little overboard with getting the details on each and every little section that I'm taking some extra time to work on it. That and I'm having some disagreements with Quixel. Suffice to say that I'm not promising deadlines any more. Tomorrow I'm going to try to knock out the rest of the texturing/rendering. I do like Quixel for it's ease of use but it can be dreadfully slow. That more than likely has more to do with working with multiple 4K textures but still...

I was curious to see if my computer could handle it and if the program still had the same crashing tendencies. I'm happy to report that it hasn't crashed yet so I may try and use it more often so long as I get quicker at using it. I could have had this done in Photoshop or Substance by now but alas I want to expand my working knowledge on this program. I also went with a spec/gloss PBR instead of a metalness workflow.

I have a bunch of tweaks I need to make before calling it done like the chess board itself needs some adjustments and I want to move the pieces around like it someone played a game. Some pieces are missing so I need to duplicate some of the meshes around so that all sides have some details. I also want to upload a marmoset viewer to my Artstation so that people can take a good look at it up close.

Anyway here is what I have as of tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment