Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A little over two weeks...

Here are a few progress shots on my environment. Since last time I've set up the master material to span the columns, floor, trim, steps, and I'm thinking about adding in the walls to make it easier to organize/cheaper on the draw calls. I've also added in some plant life to make it a little more believable as a livable space. Next I need to work on the door and redo my little railings. After that I want to finally start working on the main focal point of the inside of the building here. Not 100% sure how though, at least not yet. Once I'm satisfied with the inside, I'll start looking toward fixing up the balcony and then the landscape/ocean. 

I have a LOT to do still but I feel with just over two weeks in I have made some pretty decent progress. My workflow is a lot quicker and I'm able to iterate much better with the way I'm texturing. I only have one unique sculpt in the entire environment. Normally I would bake out my normals from HP scultps/models but I haven't had to that much with this geo. I'm just using more polys for edges and bevels.

I've also been using Substance Designer quite a bit recently. It has surely helped out with this environment. Baking maps has never been easier/quicker for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment