Sunday, April 12, 2015

Alexandria II

I'm working on a new environment project today. Well I started it yesterday but I forgot to post. It's inspired by the Alexandria set in the movie Alexander but with my own take on it. Here is my progress so far:



My goal for this project is to integrate some new texturing workflows I've been practicing involving substance designer. I'm trying to make this a very modular type environment where I can duplicate around assets to reuse pieces where I see fit. Some of my main goals:

Create landscape with a beach, hills, water (with animated waves and see foam)

Vegetation consistent with this type of geography.

Buildings that can be spread out along the landscape to make it look like people actually live here.

The main building itself is the focal point. I haven't quite decided on if it will be a personal living quarters or maybe a library of sort. We'll see.

A custom skybox that I can animate including a day/night cycle.

A lighthouse in the distance.

There are a few other things but my main focus right now is the building itself. I'm still in the blockout stages and everything is a bit rough right now. I'll try and post progress as often as possible. I know this project will take a while so I need to be diligent on working on it every day. Maybe I'll have something worth looking at in a month or two. I just need to take it a day at a time until it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment