Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Alexandria II Day 4

Not much in the way of visual change here but I added a pattern to the walls and floor and I messed around with some lighting options. I think the overall brightness level is where I want it to be with the room but I need to refine the dome and perhaps some windows to give it some nice shadows on the ground. The sunlight is to contrasty with the floor; my bloom level might be too high right now. I tend to play around with the light settings too much at the beginning, I know that it will change dramatically down the road. I should start heading into ZBrush to make some sculpts of some of the detailed pieces. I also want to start adding in some materials to the floor, walls, and columns.

I did play around with making a marble material in Substance Designer today. I'm not fluent enough with the program yet to really get anything pretty but I'm getting there. Tomorrow I have to work on the robot for the school project so I don't know if I'll get to much of this stuff done by tomorrow but by Thursday I'll have something more to show.


No comments:

Post a Comment