Friday, April 10, 2015

Desert Rock Scene

I made a quick Unreal level with rocks and sand that took me about 3 days to build. I'm pretty happy with the results for the amount of time it took. I learned a lot in regards to materials; stuff that can help me immensely moving forward. The whole thing consists of a total of 9 meshes and 2 master materials (1 for the rocks and 1 for the sand). I probably could have done it with one material but I originally wanted to add more to the sand texture at one point. I had tried to use some vertex painting to add some smaller rocks but in the end it looked terrible so I scrapped it. Another thing I wanted to add was a prettier skybox. That would have been cool but it was outside of the scope of the project. I wanted to make a quick scene that looks decent and focusing on complex shader materials. Anyway, here it is...



No comments:

Post a Comment